HL --205 blow up in

HL --205

blow up in somebody's face
if a plan, etc. blows up in your face, it goes wrong in a way that causes you damage, embarrassment, etc.
Blow (up)/explode in sb’s face
If we do, the mistake will blow up in our faces,
Если это будет происходить, такие ошибки обернутся против нас,

You play it wrong, it' il blow up in your face
Неправильно разыграешь карты, и у тебя начнутся проблемы

Look, I' m sorry that you got hit in the face and I' m sorry that Suzanne thinks that you' re insane, but I told you that this was gonna blow up in your face, did I not?
Слушай, я тебе сочувствую, что ты получил по роже, и что Сюзэн считает тебя сумасшедшим, но я же предупреждал, что тебе же от твоей затеи будет хуже, не так ли?

...So her polygraph idea really exploded right in her face.
... If you mean you think Brody knew all along about Mike, there is knowing and then there is knowing. I think he probably suspected it. However, there's a difference between knowing it and having it be almost irrefutably thrown in your face.
.....It seemed clearer than ever early in this week's episode of Homeland, "A Gettysburg Address" that things were positioning themselves to blow up in everyone's faces at one point or another.
.....Seeing as this is Homeland, and things tend to move a little quickly, things partially blew up in everyone's faces before the episode was even finished. Of course, there's still plenty of face-blowing left to go around for the rest of the season, as the tension between characters and how it relates to their situations continues to rise, but the end set everyone back nicely to fill in a couple more episodes.

to the fore
(in, into, or toward a position of prominence,
to a position that cannot be ignored ) — на передний план,

Examples:
...... A new virtuoso pianist has come to the fore.(The American Heritage)
......Whenever he is challenged, his stubbornness comes to the fore.
......The doom and gloom guys are sure trade wars will rise to the fore again soon.

› to public attention or into a noticeable position:
..... Various ecological issues have come to the fore since the discovery of the hole in the Earth's ozone layer.
..... The prime minister has deliberately brought to the fore those ministers with a more caring image.

Usage notes:
Often used with bring, come, rise, call:
often used in the form bring to the fore:
bring something to the fore
to move something forward; to make something more prominent or noticeable

Examples: ...... All the talk about costs brought the question of budgets to the fore.
....... The question of budget planning was brought to the fore.
....... Dry conditions have brought water use to the fore.

Related vocabulary:

XXX {infml} () —