once-around

I've been able to find no definitions concerning this noun that I met recently, translating a page in Wikipedia. When I come across a word like this I habitually scour the Internet where usually you can find just about everything, but not this time. Was only able to find the word used in many different contexts, which is frustrating. I hope you can help me out.

Context #1: “Fishing vessel Chantal C, please have the crew do a
once-around to check for other problems on board, over”

Context #2: (A doctor to an intern): Now, I wanna do a once-around to make sure that everybody's okey...

Возможные интерпретации: осмотр, обход.
Вопрос: это реально существующее слово, почему же его нет в толковых словарях?

imho, это вариант a (quick)

imho, это вариант a (quick) once-over (a quick but comprehensive survey or performance)

Let's give this memorandum the once-over.

(The American Heritage)

a once-over
1. a quick examination or appraisal
2. a quick but comprehensive piece of work
3. a violent beating or thrashing (esp in the phrase give (a person or thing) the/a once-over)
(Collins English Dictionary)

Из Кунина

give the once-over

1) (smb. или smth.) окинуть взглядом кого-л. или что-л.; ознакомиться с чем-л.; внимательно, пристально оглядеть кого-л. или что-л.

Well, come on, come on! Get your hat on, and let's go out and give the town the once-over. (S. Lewis, ‘Elmer Gantry’, ch. XXX) — Ну, нечего тут стоять, поторапливайся! Надевай шляпку и пошли хоть взглянем на город.

You're a good steady driver, and the road's perfectly safe - if you give people the once-over before you pick 'em up. (S. Lewis, ‘Free Air’, ch. X) — Вы хороший, внимательный водитель, и дорога совершенно безопасная. Но вам следует внимательно приглядываться к людям, прежде чем соглашаться подвезти их.
He... gives the patient the once-over... and recommends complete rest and seclusion and all that sort of thing. (P. G. Wodehouse, ‘The Inimitable Jeeves’, ch. VII) — Сэр Родерик... поспешно осматривает пациента... и прописывает ему полный покой, уединение и все тому подобное.

But as soon as we get to New York I'll fly down to Texas to give the outfit the once-over... (W. S. Maugham, ‘The Razor's Edge’, ch. VII) — Сейчас же по приезде в Нью-Йорк я вылечу в Техас и не мешкая ознакомлюсь с предприятием...

2) сделать что-л. в спешке, на скорую руку (тж. give a once-over)

He gave the car just a once-over with a rag. (RHD) — Он на скорую руку протер машину тряпкой.

Огромное спасибо, Феня.

Огромное спасибо, Феня.