Как правильно заполнять форум идиомами How to submit new idioms

Важное правило: ВСЕ entries должны начинаться с маленькой буквы, иначе не происходит сортировки по алфавитному порядку.

Вы можете просматривать новые "топики" как по алфавитному порядку, по дате, так и по последнему ответу - для этого нужно лишь нажать на соответствующую кнопку вверху форума (под буквой, с которой начинаются идиомы.

Вы также можете сделать перекрестные ссылки на другие топики (названия идиом) с помощью заключения названия в квадратные скобки [ ], напр. see also [brain drain]. Таким образом ссылка приведет читателей к другому топику, близкому к данному.

Если идиома содержит артикль, рекомендуется вынести его в скобках в конец строки напр,
apple a day keeps doctors away (an), что значительно облегчит поиск фразы в дальнейшем.

IMPORTANT! All entries shoud begin with a small letter to facilitate search and sorting out by alphabetical order.

You can view new topics by alphabetical order, date, and last reply - by clicking on the buttons at the top of the 'letter' forum respectively.

You can cross-reference idioms (titles of idioms) by means of BRACKETS as in see also [brain drain]. Thus, the link serves as shortcut to another idiom (topic) closely related to the one in hand.

If an idiom begins with an article you'd better put it at the end my means of parenthesis as in
apple a day keeps doctors away (an)

Copyright © 2003 Vivi
When storing or copying materials from this site, you must always include the copyright notice. All material on this site is subject to copyright and any unauthorised publishing is prohibited.

I think

I think that this topic should be glued on the top.

I tried to link the idioms th

I tried to link the idioms that are interchangeable by typing the names of the posts in the brackets like it says to do, but then every time I click on the links I've just made, it says "You are not authorized to view this page." Is this an error, or am I doing something wrong?

(For example, when I click on "see also piece of cake" under the post "as easy as pie" it takes me to a page saying "You are not authorized to see this page" rather than taking me to the "piece of cake" idiom explanation, etc.)

Thanks for the help!
Samantha:)

Ahem, it seems odd. I'll try

Ahem, it seems odd. I'll try fixing this problem.

Thanks for reporting the trouble!

Samantha, I think I've spotte

Samantha, I think I've spotted the trouble. When cross-referencing, you should insert in brackets ONLY the idiom itself, not the prompt see also.

Ah, okay, then! Thank you ver

Ah, okay, then! Thank you very much. I mis-read the instructions.

I cannot find a way to edit m

I cannot find a way to edit my posts. (I wanted to fix my bracket mistakes.) Is this an unavailable option, or am I not seeing the way to do it perhaps?

I'll see into it that

you can edit your posts.